Thursday, August 13, 2009

8. Breaking Dawn


Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer

I can't believe I never blogged the final episode of the Twilight Saga. Maybe I was so burned out on it by the time I finished the fourth book that I mentally blocked it out. But I'm committed.

This book is terrible! I hated, hated, hated it. Now, I'm not the first person to point out the terrible messages in Stephenie Meyer's books. And I'm not going to repeat myself and talk about the clunky writing--after all, I was entertained enough by the first three books to read the fourth. But the story here is CRAP. I've hated Bella's choices from the start, so I should not be surprised that she marries Edward at age 18, births a demon baby, and becomes a vampire. Just because she can't see the point of life without her perfect stalker lover. Grody.

I refuse to read any more Stephenie Meyer! Besides, Host just sounds creepy.

No comments: