Monday, April 14, 2008

12. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You


I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, By Ally Carter (2006)

Wow, it's been a while since I posted, and my "to-blog" pile keeps growing. This one came before Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy. As usual, I read the second book in the series first and then went back. Well, the first one was pretty unnecessary. It actually kind of irritated me. The idea of a boarding school for girl spies-in-training is a good one, but the execution leaves something to be desired. At least by me.

Maybe it's just that the Cammie character is kind of a drip. She doesn't interest me because she makes dumb decisions that made me continually question her spy ability. Also, the lack of any villain figure totally takes any suspense out of the story. Basically, it's just a fluffy teen romance.

No comments: