Wednesday, March 7, 2007

7. Miss Zukas and the Library Murders


Miss Zukas and the Library Murders (Jo Dereske, 1994)

Am I the last librarian to hear about the Miss Zukas mystery series? I'm doubly surprised I didn't know about it because of my PNW mystery fetish. I decided to read these in order, which is part of the fun of discovering a series when it's been out for a while. I didn't think I'd like this book at all for the first chapter or two, but it got better. Librarian stereotypes don't really bother me too much, but Helma Zukas got on my nerves, probably because she's supposed to be in her thirties and acts like she's in her sixties. However, the mystery was suspensful enough and the characters interesting enough to keep me reading. It was cool to recognize the thinly-veiled Bellingham, where I lived for a time when I was little.

No comments: