Saturday, February 3, 2007

4. Dramarama


Dramarama (E. Lockhart, coming May 2007)

Wow, this is a good book. Sadye and her best friend Demi go to theatre camp the summer before senior year and, as young adults in books always do, learn about themselves and grow from their experiences. Maybe it's because I went to a dance camp one summer--though nothing nearly as competative as Wildwood--but I really bought the story. The auditions, the classes, the end-of-summer performances were very well done and believable. I don't have a lot to say about this one except that I recommend Dramarama to adults as well as teens.

Reading all this teen lit is making me a tiny bit jealous of my YA librarian colleagues. Not that I'd trade my work. I think I'm made to be an academic librarian, but I sometimes wonder if I could have done youth instead.

No comments: